The tumor analysis requires formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tumor tissue. The Oncotype DX Invasive Breast Cancer Assay results are typically reported within 7 - 10 days after the sample is received
The Oncotype DX Invasive Breast Cancer Assay results are typically reported within 7 - 10 days after the sample is received.
If you are a treating physician and would like to order the Oncotype DX assay, follow the steps below.
- Complete the Oncotype DX Assay Requisition Form.
- If you want a Benefits Investigation for your patient, complete the Benefits Investigation section. If you don’t want a Benefits Investigation, mark "No Investigation" (for Medicare patients, this would be an appropriate box to select).
- If your patient is uninsured, please contact Genomic Health at 866-ONCOTYPE (866-662-6897).
- Fax the completed Oncotype DX Assay Requisition Form to Genomic Health (866-444-0640).
- Genomic Health will complete the Benefits Investigation if desired and will notify the ordering physician and patient of the results.
- Genomic Health will fax the Requisition Form to pathology, if requested by the ordering physician, and obtain and process the patient’s specimen (see Specimen Retrieval section for more details).
- Patient results will be sent to the physician(s) listed on the Requisition Form via online secure access or fax.
Genomic Health is able to accept specimens from outside the US for the Oncotype DX Breast Cancer Assay.
Below are ordering/sample submission instructions for international customers.
||Contact Genomic Health’s Customer Service to obtain specimen transportation kit boxes, requisition forms and pathology guidelines for preparation of samples. Kit boxes arrive within 3 to 5 business days.
||Complete the Oncotype DX requisition form and send it along with the specimen. Check with Customer Service to see if the Oncotype DX assay is reimbursed in your local market. Acceptable forms of payment include credit card, bank wire transfer or money order. Pre-payment is required prior to the release of results.
||Request that the pathologist retrieve and prepare the specimen for submission. Detailed instructions are provided with the specimen box. Genomic Health prefers to receive prepared unstained slides from the fixed paraffin-embedded tumor block.
||Ship the specimen in the Oncotype DX specimen kit box to our centralized laboratory in Redwood City, California via our preferred courier, Federal Express, using the pre-printed shipping document and commercial invoice (required by U. S. customs). Genomic Health covers the shipping charges to send the specimen from your country to the United States.
||Receive results usually within 7 to 10 days from the date the laboratory processing begins (provided that all information required has been included on the requisition form).
Note: For physicians located in Australia, Brazil, Columbia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Panama, Russia, South Africa, Spain, South Korea, Taiwan, Turkey, and Venezuela please contact Genomic Health’s local partner in your country. You can receive partner information by contacting Customer Service at email@example.com or by calling +800 662 68973.
Specimens are analyzed in the United States. To submit a specimen, a Customs Declaration is required for the specimen to be accepted into the United States. A sample Customs Declaration can be found here. Oncotype DX Specimen Kits comply with international packaging regulations for diagnostic specimens (IATA 650 Packaging Instruction). Please contact Customer Service at 001-650-569-2080 in advance to discuss any special requirements.