Canada - English
Canada - Français
The Oncotype DX Genomic Prostate Score Medicare coverage for favorable intermediate prostate cancer patients is defined as:
Gleason Score 3+3=6 (GG1*)
Gleason Score 3+3=6 (GG1)
Gleason Score 3+4=7 (GG2)
*GG = [Gleason] Grade Group
The Oncotype DX Genomic Prostate Score assay predicts prostate cancer death and metastasis1 within 10 years of receiving radical prostatectomy, as well as adverse pathology†2,3 to guide patient discussions and treatment decisions
†Adverse pathology is defined as Gleason Score 4+3 or higher and/or pT3+.
1. Van Den Eeden et al. AUA 2017.
2. Klein et al. Eur Urol. 2014.
3. Cullen et al. Eur Urol. 2014.
4. Bonham et al. USCAP. 2016.
5. Eure et al. AUA 2017.
6. Badani et al. Urol Pract. 2015.
7. Dall’Era et al. Urol Pract. 2015.
8. Knezevic et al. BMC Genomics. 2013.
9. Referenced with permission from the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology®. Version 1.2017. Available at: www.nccn.org. Accessed January 10, 2017.
NCCN and NCCN Guidelines are registered trademarks of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN does not endorse any therapy or product.
To qualify your patients for Medicare coverage, you must be enrolled in Medicare's Certification and Training Registry. It's quick and easy.
Have a specific question? Want to keep up with our latest news? We're here for you.